Aptos High School
Announcements and Important Events
In order to participate in after-school athletics at Aptos HS, each student-athlete must turn in seven forms. These forms should be turned-in to either your son/daughter's coach, or to Athletic Director, Travis Fox, prior to tryouts or the first practice.
All these forms are available in the AHS front office, and are available at this website, on the Files page (under PVUSD Student-Athlete and Parent Handbook - or click here). You can also submit the forms on-line at AthleticClearance.com. Please note that you only have to turn-in the complete set of forms once each school year. In other words, if your son/daughter does multiple sports, they only have to turn the forms in once. However, each school year, the forms must be resubmitted.
1. Sports Physical Form - signed by a physician (physicals are good for one calendar year; an athlete must have a new one each school year). Note: you do not have to use our Physical Form, we will accept any form that your doctor might otherwise provide.
2. Agreement for Team Participation - signed by both a parent and the student
3. Agreement for Parent Support - signed by both a parent and the student
4. Authorization to Consent to Treatment of a Minor - signed by a parent (note: if you do not have insurance, or would like to purchase additional insurance, AHS offers policies through Myers, Stevens & Toohey; see AD Mr. Fox for more info).
5. Concussion and Head Injury Information Sheet - signed by both a parent and the student.
6. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form - signed by both a parent and the student
7. Social Media Contract - signed by both a parent and the student.
Please note: in addition, each sport might have their own additional documents which can require your signatures.